Fidel's Walk

I just thought I'd gather all the nuggets of useful wisdom I gather as I walk through life. This wisdom may come from sermons, books, friends, etc. It helps me to read thru this again and again so I can grow spiritually and be victorious over the attacks of the Enemy. It's amazing how just one sentence or even one word can change your life forever.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Your Inner Circle

Everyone has an inner circle which represents those people whom you have allowed to mold your character, values, habits, etc. Since every circle is "closed", you have to explicitly open the door to those people you permit to influence you. What all this means is you should allow only people you can trust and who share similar values to yours. Your inner circle is actually you heart, so guard your heart. Your inner circle represents the core of your being and you should not allow every one to be a part of this. I know this may sound prejudiced, but there is nothing wrong with defining who you are by being influenced only by a handful of people. You can befriend everyone else you meet, and yet not permit them to sway you with peer pressure. A solid inner circle will give you a stronger character.
This thought inspired by Rick Hawkin's new book The Inner Circle

[+/-] show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home