Fidel's Walk

I just thought I'd gather all the nuggets of useful wisdom I gather as I walk through life. This wisdom may come from sermons, books, friends, etc. It helps me to read thru this again and again so I can grow spiritually and be victorious over the attacks of the Enemy. It's amazing how just one sentence or even one word can change your life forever.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Love Yourself First, Then Neighbor

What? You need to love yourself first and then you can love your neighbor. "Love your neighbor as yourself." You may think that is being too egocentric. Yes, if that is all you do. But if you in turn love others as yourself then no. To love yourself means to see yourself as God's child, loved by God, and with an eternal purpose. You need to appreciate yourself because God does. You need to have self-respect and not subject yourself to bad influences, etc. Once you have a good image of yourself and who you are in Christ, then you are qualified to love others.

[+/-] show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home