Fidel's Walk

I just thought I'd gather all the nuggets of useful wisdom I gather as I walk through life. This wisdom may come from sermons, books, friends, etc. It helps me to read thru this again and again so I can grow spiritually and be victorious over the attacks of the Enemy. It's amazing how just one sentence or even one word can change your life forever.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I Don't Get What I Want

I don't get what I want, I get what I am. Regardless of how much I may want something, I will never get it unless I become like that thing I want. Here are some examples to explain this concept:
  • I may want eternal life, but if I am an atheist then too bad, I am not going to get it.
  • My children may want good grades but if they are not good listeners and studious then too bad, they are going to fail.
  • I may want the best wife in the world but if I am not the best husband in the world, then too bad, I am stuck with a bad marriage.
  • I may want good health, but if I am an alcoholic then I am going to get bad health.
  • I may want a better job, but if I am lazy, then I'll never be happy at any job.
  • I may want happiness in my life, but if I have a bad attitude and am irritable, then I will be dissatisfied with life.

[+/-] show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home