Fidel's Walk

I just thought I'd gather all the nuggets of useful wisdom I gather as I walk through life. This wisdom may come from sermons, books, friends, etc. It helps me to read thru this again and again so I can grow spiritually and be victorious over the attacks of the Enemy. It's amazing how just one sentence or even one word can change your life forever.

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Linus Blanket

In the Charlie Brown cartoons we see Linus always clinging to his blanket because that gives him security. Despite being dirty, he loves his blanket and keeps it with him at all times because he cannot live without it.

Do you have a dirty blanket you always hold onto? When you are stressed and strained and fustrated, do you lean on your dirty blanket to give you some security and purpose? When things go haywire, we may lean on our peers, smoking, bars, night clubs, etc., because we are so used to giving ourselves a "break".

Your response should be to lean on God rather than on that dirty blanket. What I really need when I am down is a shot of the most powerful substance known to man --- the Holy Spirit. That will pick me up in no time.

[+/-] show/hide this post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home